Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Web Resources

I was in Ms. Green's classroom this morning, and I happened to notice that she had taken a look at a site I recommended earlier, ReadWriteThink, and found some instructional materials. In fact, she has one set of materials that I think I will purloin on my way out of her class (Ms. Green, if you are missing your visualizing materials, I have them.).

Also, Ms. Green has discovered some other sites. I understand that must of you are aware of them already and are currently using them, but I will mention them nonetheless: Education World and edhelper.com. Both sites are free and contain a plethora of resources. However, Education World is a bit more comprehensive. Not only does it address classroom instructional concerns and needs, but it also addresses administrative and technological concerns as well. In addition, it features a section just for parents and students and a section adressing student issues. If you haven't done so already, it's worth a look.

Just one caveat before I close. A lot of really good resources can be found on the web to include lesson plans. But as you use these resources, be discriminating. In other words, don't just select materials to keep your students busy, but select materials that facillitate the meeting of your instructional objectives most effectively.

No comments: